Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Real Men Don't Eat Quiche.

Or do they???

In fact, I've never met a man who doesn't but then I've never really been around men that read books!

But call it what you will - quiche, tart or flan - the fact remains they taste great!

Ours was simple. We had success again with Maggie Beer's GF Pastry recipe and the filling was simple, and as follows:
  • 250 grams shaved ham, torn up
  • 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
  • 5 mushrooms, sliced
  • 6 eggs, whisked
  • 1/4 cup rice milk
  • 1/4 cup grated cheese
Basically, after lining the pie dish with the pastry, I assembled the quiche in that order. Baked for 30 minutes at 220C and there it is.

I'm having trouble with the GF blogs I follow. Most of them are based in the US or Canada so they're cooking gorgeous autumn and winter dishes and I have to remember Spring is almost over and Summer is on it's way. Although it's easy to forget when it's chilly and raining like today. But quiche is great in that it can be eaten cold with salad. So I'm back on track.

2 comments:

The Crone at Wits End said...

My man doesn't eat quiche! Hates the stuff but then again, he is Chinese so looks on cheese with loathing LOL!

That recipe looks delicious!

Paragon~Of~Virtue said...

Oh Pffft to him!