Friday, August 22, 2008

Easy Rice Rolls....TGIF!


These are one of the things I always wanted to try and I am so glad I did!

I bought a packet of Vietnamese rice paper rounds. Followed the directions on the packet. Filled them with cooked rice noodles, shaved ham or chicken from deli (I was pressed for time), julienned carrots and splodges of avocado with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.

They were awesome.
Next time I will remember to have GF Soy or some other dipping sauce on hand though.

I am looking forward to trying a few different fillings and possibly adding them to Torin's lunchbox.

Torin had a wonderful day out with my Aunt today. And we're both quite shocked with something amazing he did. She took him to a play centre. There was one of those machines you put a dollar in and the try and pick up a toy with the claw. I've never let him play them before truly believing they were rigged. But my aunty let him have just one turn.

Not only did he win a toy, he actually won the toy he wanted! He is now the very proud owner of a Yoshi toy.
I told you he was obsessed with Super Mario Brothers & friends.

2 comments:

Vittoria said...

With all your rolls here, I'm gonna try crepes on my menu for next week.
-Vittoria

Skipper said...

Wow Jac! These look awesome!! Soo yummy!! Definately plan to give these a whirl really soon. :)