Thursday, August 21, 2008

Home-made pizza with no gluten, dairy OR meat!!!

I had one of those evening where I was looking forward to making a recipe I had spotted on the internet (it was in fact Karina's Eggs Diablo on Polenta). But Torin was having a really cranky day and he was on the computer. I had a mere 45 minutes to get dinner on the table! What ever was I to do???!!!

I grabbed my "Destitute Gourmet" cookbook and flicked through looking for a polenta recipe. No luck. Then I spotted a quick and easy pizza recipe. The recipe was written for normal ingredients but I decided to have a go!



Pizza Base Recipe

2 cups Orgran SR Flour
0.5 teaspoons ground sea salt
3 generous tablespoons oil (the recipe called for two. Bridie knocked me and I poured in too much so I am estimating three)
half a cup of lukewarm water.

Pre-heat oven to 180C.
Mix together too a smooth dough.
Spread out on a pizza tray.
Top with crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano, onion, garlic, chopped mushrooms.
Replace cheese with 0.5 cups of polenta soaked in 0.5 cups warm water. (I read this on someone's blog. Please leave a comment if it is you or you know who it is sop I can give due credit).
Bake for 25 minutes.
Dinner is served!

No comments: